Official Home Page @UNIBO
Her scientific activity is set in the area of Information and Knowledge Management, with particular interest in the study of techniques for the effective and efficient retrieval of information in large data collections, which are characterized by aspects such as distribution, heterogeneity in structural representation, ambiguity in the semantics of contents.
Recent research interests include:
She also worked on complex similarity and fuzzy query processing on semistructured and multimedia data, and on indexing methods on XML data.
- Data Stream Management Systems: data storage and real-time query processing for infomobility
- Efficient techniques for data storage either in main or secondary memory, according to different information availability needs.
- Complex event detection to trigger alerting systems and monitoring of traffic data.
- Real-time processing of queries with geo-referenced and temporality requirements.
- Business Intelligence distributed systems: information sharing
- Collaborative aspects for information sharing.
- Query rewriting techniques in presence of heterogeneity of data format and data representation level.
- Peer-to-Peer Networks: query processing, query routing, and semantic clustering
- Techniques for query forwarding towards the most semantically relevant peers, by means of semantic routing indices.
- Semantic clustering of peers into Semantic Overlay Networks to minimize information loss.
- Graph-based data models: query processing
- Flexible query answering mechanisms for complex databases modeled as graphs.
- Support to similarity queries with semantically meaningful structural approximations.